At the western end of Civil Lines, the All Saints’ Cathedral, locally called Patthar Girja or The Church of Stone, is an impressive Anglican church occupying an open space allocated by Sir Muir, the Lieutenant Governor of the North West Provinces. The church lies at the junction of two thoroughfares, MG Road and SN Road. The stone for the church was laid by Lady Muir Elizabeth Huntly Wemyss in 1871. The church was consecrated in 1887 and the construction was completed in 1891. The cathedral was designed in the Gothic style of 13th century European cathedrals by Sir William Emerson who is known for such masterpieces as the Crawford Market in Mumbai and the VictoriaMemorial in Kolkata.